iPeng 1.0.4 is now released on the App Store as a free upgrade following the somewhat ill-fated 1.0.3 release. Since we did not write an update then, here’s a summary of the new features:
- Music Folder Browsing. You can now browse your folder structure through the respective SqueezeCenter function. (1.0.3)
- Long lists are now sorted in a separate thread. This strongly improves performance during the loading of large libraries. iPeng will now stay reactive and the load time for a 3,000 album library improves from approx. 4 min to approx. 2 min until the cache is fully synchronized. (1.0.3)
- There is now an experimental Wake-On-LAN funtionality that may or may not work. You have to manually set the MAC for this under Settings. (1.0.3 and 1.0.4).
- The “The The” bug is fixed (see Known Issues), so you can put your “ignored articles” back in if you used the workaround in 1.0.3. (1.0.4)
- Albums will now fully load and artwork will show up (1.0.4)
- No more crashes due to SqueezeCenter Bug 10242 (empty album records). You might see empty albums now in the list of albums but they should do no harm. (1.0.3 and 1.0.4)
- Artwork scaling in the list should finally work in cases where the server doesn’t scale (e.g. bmp artwork). It’s still strongly discouraged to use embedded .bmp artwork in your files since you will transmit lots and lots of data and fill your iPhone’s flash disk quite a bit. A full scale .bmp Artwork as delivered by iTunes will take around 1 MB, if you’ve got 1,000 albums that makes… (1.0.4)
- Sorting of Album and Artist lists should now be as expected (1.0.3)
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had with the 1.0.3 version.