If you want to use iPeng with MySqueezebox.com, you have to allow the app to do so.
I. What is MySqueezebox.com and do you use it?
MySqueezebox.com is an online service run by Logitech that has two roles in the use of your Squeezebox (or compatible) devices:
- You can use it to operate your Squeezebox without having to run your own (Logitech Media) Server. In this case your device will be completely controlled by MySqueezebox.com.
If you do not run your own server, this is how you use your Squeezebox.
- MySqueezebox.com is being used to operate a lot of music services (such as Pandora, Deezer, TIDAL) for your Squeezebox system. MySqueezebox.com does this if you run your own server as well as if you operate your Squeezebox directly through the service.
If you have set up a music service using the “App Gallery” or if you have configured your music service on the www.mysqueezebox.com web site, then this service is being run through MySqueezebox.com.
Please refer to Logitech to learn more about privacy on MySqueezebox.com.
II. Privacy in iPeng
- PenguinLovesMusic.com or Du!Business GmbH do not collect any personal data through iPeng. The app itself only collects the following information and only stores it locally on your device or in your iCloud account:
- Login data you use to connect to a server
- Your main menu configuration in iPeng
- Information about the iPeng In-App-Purchases you have done, e.g. the “Playback” feature
- However, if you want to use MySqueezebox.com, iPeng needs to connect to this service, run by Logitech, and while doing so, iPeng will transfer the following information about you to the service in the following scenarios:
- The address of the device iPeng is running on
- If you use MySqueezebox.com directly as described in (II.1) above, you will have to provide the account credentials (e-mail, password) of your MySqueezbox.com account.
- If you use your Squeezebox and iPeng as in I.1, MySqueezebox.com will get information about the music you listen to and the music services you use.
- In all cases where you use a music service operated through MySqueezebox.com, no matter if you use MySqueezebox.com directly or through your own server, MySqueezebox.com will get information about your music service accounts and the music you listen to.
- If you use any 3rd party music services, either through MySqueezbox.com or through your own server, the music service will get information about which music you are listening to.
- If you enable MySqueezebox.com, iPeng can use the service to generate artwork thumbnails for all cover art you use from remote sources in iPeng (e.g. music streaming services or internet radio). This is an option that can be configured separately in iPeng under “Settings->iPeng Settings->Use MySqueezebox.com for artwork caching”.
- If you use music services or other online information sources with your Squeezebox/iPeng setup, particularly in the cases 2.3.-2.5. above, your server or iPeng might have to read information from online services you address. This might reveal information about you (your device’s IP address or the account you use with the online source as well as the information you request from there) to the respective service. This is the case in both scenarios – using MySqueezbox.com directly or Logitech Media Server.
This behavior and the data transferred do not differ if using iPeng or using your Squeezebox device directly or through any other means of remote control.
- In case of app crashes, iPeng will collect anonymized information about the crash and send it to a crash reporting service we use and that is run by Microsoft. These crash reports are anonymized and contain no information that reveal your identity, your accounts, your exact device or your usage of the app. They only contain information about the app crash and the type of device you are running iPeng on.
- If you request support from us through email, iPeng will include some diagnostics information about your setup in the mail. All information is included in clear text in the mail and visible to you so that you can review or remove it before sending.