Recent App Store Changes
The App Store no longer allows you to search for legacy Apps only supporting 32 bit mode. Since the iPeng Classic Apps – now intended for use with older iOS devices – don’t support 64 bit mode, they are affected by this.
The Apps can no longer be purchased but can still be re-downloaded from the App Store if you bought them before:
Please be aware that you should only consider purchasing these Apps if you are intending to use them with devices running iOS versions prior to iOS 7. For newer iOS versions, please use iPeng 9. iPeng Classic will not get further updates, and we expect Apple to eventually remove it from the App Store when they cease support for 32 bit Apps altogether.
For more details on iPeng Classic, we’ve got a
and, of course, the
iPeng is the Music Remote for the Logitech® Squeezebox™. It’s a remote control application that gives you control over your music all over your home with your iPhone or iPod touch.
Easy and Fast to Use
- Building on the iPhone’s user friendly interface, iPeng offers an intuitive user interface.
- iPeng’s functionality is optimized for speed of use guaranteeing long-term fun.
- Built-in tutorials help you to learn iPeng’s operation.
Explore Your Music Library (1)
- Browse your own files by categories like “Albums”, “Artists”, “Genres” or simply search for your music.
- Access additional functionality for your music through “Context Menus”.
Explore Remote Services
- You get access to a whole world of Internet Radio.
- Access music services like Rhapsody™ and Napster™ and have control over them as if they were in your own library.
- Access additional Squeezebox™ Apps (2).
Get Full Control Over Your Squeezebox Players
- iPeng’s MultiPlayer control offers a unique capability to manage and control all your players in one place.
- Have direct access to Power/Volume for each connected player.
- Group players to synchronized groups. Jointly control playback and volume for these groups and move players between them using drag- and-drop or a toolbar.
- Power all players in a group off with a single click when you leave.
- Move players between music sources.
- Have access to all Squeezebox features through the player context menu: “Alarms”, “Sleep”, “Shuffle&Repeat” Settings and many more.
Manage What’s Currently Playing
- View, save, change and rearrange your current playlist.
- Get context information on the currently playing song/station or on other songs in the current playlist.
Use 3rd Party Plugins (3)
- iPeng supports a growing number of 3rd party plugins for Squeezebox™.
- Customize your library through CustomBrowse.
- Rate Tracks and browse by statistics with TrackStat.
- Get album and artist information with AlbumReview and Biography.
- Use 3rd party radio plugins like AlienBBC, NPR Radio and others,
- and many more…
- iPeng doesn’t require a server to operate your Squeezebox, it also supports Logitech’s MySqueezbox.com online service.
iPeng is currently available in English, German, Dutch and Danish language only, but most of the language used in the application will use the Music Source’s language setting and text.
iPeng requires one or more Squeezebox™ or any compatible hard- or software player.
Squeezebox™ is a trademark of Logitech.
(1) Requires SqueezeCenter (from V 7.0) or Squeezebox Server (7.4 or newer recommended) available for free from www.logitechsqueezebox.com.
(2) With Squeezebox Server 7.4 or newer or MySqueezebox.com
(3) Installation of 3rd party plugins in SqueezeCenter required
Here you can find information about the older plugin version of iPeng: